- Remove 4 nuts holding strut assembly to the body.
- Place bracket over studs with bracket upright toward front of car. [for the 944S, 944S2, and 968, please see note]
- Replace washers and nuts. Tighten to 18 ft-lbs. using an X pattern.
- Repeat for other side of car.
- Install bar on passenger side bracket and tighten. Hardware order is-bolt/washer/bar/bracket/washer/lock washer/nut. Install the bar on the front side of the bracket.
- Repeat for driver's side. For turbo's, the bar will slightly press in on the master cylinder heat shield. This is normal.
- Turn bar toward front of car to take up "slack". Tighten backing nuts.
Note: Installation of the 944S, 944S2, and 968 strut brace is the same except that the brackets should be to the rear of the strut tower - see pictures below:
KLA Disclaimer: Shut the hood gently to test clearances. DO NOT DROP OR SLAM THE HOOD! All cars are different and the strut brace may fit differently on your car. This is not a problem with 99.9% of the cars. But, KLA Industries will not be responsible for any damage. If you do have a fitment problem, please email or call so we can help determine where the problem is and help you solve it (digital pics in email are very helpful in these situations). If we can't get things just right to your satisfaction, we will let you return the strut brace for a refund.
Application: 924S, 944, 944 Turbo, and 944S, 944S2, 968 [attention to note]
Credits: KLA Industries
> Window Express Kit Installation
> AC Delete
> Accusump Installation
> Adjustable Ride Height Kit - Paragon
> Alternator Replacement
> Brakes, front - 924S, 944, 944S
> Brey-Krause Strut Brace Installation - 944
> Camber Plate Installation (Paragon)
> Clock/Bulb Replacement, digital, Late 944 and 968
> Clutch Replacement - Part One
> Clutch Replacement - Part Two
> Clutch Slave Bleeder Valve Remote
> Control Arm Bushing Upgrade - Weltmeister
> Control Arm, Front - Info
> Coolant Flush
> DME Chip Installation
> Dash Replacement
> Engine Identification
> Engine Production
> Fuel Level Sender
> Koni Strut Conversion - 8641-1414S for late 944, 968
> Motor Mount Replacement
> Odometer Gear Replacement - late 944
> Oil Cooling, Auxiliary
> Oil Pressure Relief Valve
> Oil Pressure Sending Unit Replacement
> Rear Ride Height Adjustment
> Porsche Chronology
> Rear Spring Rates vs. Effective Rates
> Rear Wheel Bearing Diagnosis
> Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement - 924, early 944
> Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement - late 944, 968
> Ride Height Measurement
> Rod Bearing Replacement
> Shift Lever Rebuild
> Short Shift Kit
> Throttle Position Sensor
> Sway Bars - Info
> Torque Tube Rebuild
> Torsion Bar Replacement
> Transaxle Fluid - Info
> Transaxle Fluid Change
> Rear Sway Bar Installation
> Transaxle Replacement
> Heater Clip
> Window Regulator Replacement